Announcing the Spring 2014 California Medieval History Seminar – Register now! (Scroll down to see if you are already registered.)
The next meeting of the California Medieval History Seminar will be held on Saturday, May 3, 2014, from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm, in the Seaver Classrooms 1 & 2 at the Huntington Library in San Marino. The Seaver Classrooms are located in the Munger Building (a.k.a., the Research and Administration Building). This is the large building located near the construction site at the former entrance to the Huntington Gardens. A buffet lunch will be provided for seminar participants in the Seaver Classrooms.
The following papers will be discussed at the seminar:
· Rebecca Cerling (USC), “Finding Their Place: Benedictine Child Oblates in Eleventh-Century Canterbury”
· Pippa Salonius (Humboldt State University), “Art, Authors, and Authority in Orvieto: the Curia and the Friars”
· Sara Petrosillo (UC Davis), “Falconry and Medieval Poetry”
· Giovanna Montenegro (UC Davis), “Mandeville and Marco Polo in German Fifteenth and Sixteenth-Century Cosmography and Cartography”
Cost: The seminar is free to faculty and graduate students of California universities; others are welcome (provided space is available) but are asked to pay $25 to cover the cost of refreshments and lunch.
Registration: E-mail email@example.com.
Travel Reimbursement: Limited travel reimbursement is available for faculty and graduate students for travel from distant in-state campuses. Reimbursement is for airfare and/or ground transportation only, and cannot exceed $350. To be reimbursed we must receive your receipts by May 16, 2014.
Please note these important reimbursement restrictions:
· Airfare included as part of a “travel package” (e.g., airfare and hotel, airfare and rental car, etc., purchased as a trip package) can NOT be reimbursed. Individual charges and receipts are required.
· You must purchase the ticket in order to be reimbursed. Airfare (or any other travel expenses) that you purchase for someone else—or that someone else purchases for you—can NOT be reimbursed.
Other points to remember about travel reimbursement:
· The original receipts must be submitted to receive reimbursement. If you bought your airplane ticket online, forward a copy of your “receipt and itinerary” to me by email.
· If you are not a US citizen, please contact me in advance to determine if you are eligible.
We hope to see you at the meeting! If you have any questions, please contact me.
If you haven’t yet registered, there is room in the session. Please let me know as soon as possible that you’d like to attend.
Brett Landenberger (firstname.lastname@example.org)